Westcroft Outreach Team was established in 2005 to provide a free service for all local authority schools in Wolverhampton.
Schools who have pupils with additional needs can access the service through a simple and speedy referral procedure.
We aim to assist mainstream practitioners to provide access to high quality provision which meets the individual needs of pupils with a wide and sometimes complex range of learning difficulties.
We offer a range of outreach support in schools that can be tailor made to suit the needs of the school, staff and pupils concerned. Below are some examples of the support and training packages we provide. These can be delivered to the whole school as CPD; to groups of staff or departments, as well as to individuals.
- Multisensory strategies for effective classroom access
- Using specific strategies to support individual pupil needs e.g. Precision teaching
- Modifying reading and writing tasks to match individual needs
- Understanding areas of learning difficulty e.g. ASD; ADHD; dyslexia
- Teaching reading and engaging reluctant readers
- ICT packages to support pupils’ learning
- Effective use of adult classroom support
- Introducing and using the P scales
- Setting SMART learning targets
- A toolkit for teaching assistants
- A multi-skills approach to learning
- ONLINE Inset tutoring in Understanding and Managing Behaviour